It's been a long time

"It's been a loong day , *inserts lyrics to the tune of see you again* "


Anyways , 好久不”见“!Of late i've gone on a short personal vacation where i've caught up with people i need to catch up with , cleared my backlog of work , and taken time to do some R&R , chill and drinks sessions with friends.


I've got about an hour to kill before my dinner appointment , so might as well do a wrap up post and short portfolio update to remind myself for 2017 eh?


Before posting the pie chart and prolly what's in my watchlist for the next year , i might just do a quick reflection of 2016 so far , i think the main takeaway point of this year came from a conversation i had with a friend a month back , when i was lamenting on my happiness level. I mean , from anyone's standpoint , my investment returns this year was decent by any standard lol , but i got bored during halfway this year when the market slowed , i was basically watching sgx on one screen and hk or ang mor drama on the other !

This friend pointed out the crux of my problem to me. I AM NOT THE TYPICAL Full/Part Time investor! I'm a chapalang (dependent on mood) kind of investor , my expertise is in arbitrage and trading (as in real world non-capital market type of trading) , i didn't realise it until he pointed it out to me! 80% of my income is dependent on my goods and services trade while the other 20% comes from the occasional trade or two in the capital markets !!

With that finally settled , my year went better from then on! I still enjoyed my dramas and watched the sg market every now and then , but at the same time i started running around and learnt the ropes on how to tender for certain projects etc etc



Blah Blah Blah , my 2017 should be a GOOD HENG ONG HUAT year la .


As per pie chart below , i did some housekeeping.
1) I disposed of my small small M1 holdings off at a loss , lucky cut loss , next week toh leh.
2) My Sheng Siong is a staple , has been there since day 1 , i sold off 10% , which means the remaining 15% is free la essentially ( I Like FREE STUFF!) - Ok la reason being i wanted a little bit less exposure to this side and allocate more to my other counters.
3)Soilbuild REIT remained unchanged
4)Sapphire corp - Interesting one , this was the counter that i constantly recycled lol , i sell and buy back at a lower price range , still shining green. ( I see potential in this counter for the series of rail projects and infrastructure projects in SEA for the next 5 years) so i increased my holdings by a bit.
5) Silver bullion has also been another staple of my portfolio , i tend to buy a bit when i have spare cash .
6)Singapore Re-Insurance has been another staple , this one is feeding a low dividend yield , already appreciated in capital since i first bought it ,
7)UOB KH , sold it away for a small paper gain , anyway portfolio looks neater lol



Before I end , here are some counters that I'm looking at for long term parking . Tai Sin Electric , Roxy Pacific ,Great Eastern , ICBC (HK) , Italian Thai Development Company Ltd (Thailand) .

Ok , it's time for me to ciao , take a listen to the song la , life is short , so enjoy!



Cheers
Ken



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boring , compounding , or is it?

I'm Unemployed!!!! For a day that is.

Hired.....Part 1 of being a employee?